Saturday, May 14, 2011

I Just Lost It

Last week I got home from the grocery store and couldn’t find a little bottle of something that costs four bucks.  I checked everywhere including the receipt to make sure I bought it and didn’t leave the dang thing in my shopping cart.  Yep… it was on the list.  So where was it?

I went to garage and checked the grocery bags again… still not there.  As I put away my purchases, hubby offered to go back to the store and see if it was left out of the bag.  Before I finished, he called to say the clerk said she remembered putting it in a bag, but they gave us a replacement anyway.

By now, I had given up because it was becoming a colossal waste of time.  After he returned, my hubby rechecked the car and found the small bottle in one of the seats!  We figured it must have gotten stuck under the removable bottom of one of the bags and fell out as I tossed the reusable shopping bags back into the car. 

Embarrassing?  Yes, but I immediately took the replacement bottle back to the store and paid for it.  Our check-out lady was gone so I explained to another person what had happened.  She actually thanked me for being so honest!

As I left the store, I didn’t know what to say to being thanked for being honest.  I still think about that compliment and wonder what most people would have done.  For me there was no other option.

5 comments:

  1. Rita B:

    I fear that most shoppers would rationalize not returning the item, claiming that they are sometimes overcharged for the items they purchase at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the store negelected to charge me for something and it was small, I wouldn't bother going back. However, in a case like this where they go out of their way to help a customer, I'd be driving back just like you.

    I think being thanked for being honest is not something you should shrug off. I think it's great that people will thank or commend others when they do something good. Positive reinforcement helps the world go round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're probably right, Whit... I could make a case for that, but it's no in my nature! ~~ Hugs, Rita B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skinny, it is a store I shop in quite often, so I am loyal. In retrospect, I might have felt taken for granted if they hadn't noticed my honesty... so I feel different today about being thanked. I like hearing stories about people doing the right thing in our world because too often it's just the opposite! ~~ Hugs, Rita B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete